Why should you learn Spanish for business? Business Insider listed these six reasons why business professionals should practice Spanish:
- Construction management, media, and nursing are some of the industries with increasing demand for Spanish-speakers.
- If you learn Spanish you can read books written in Spanish and watch Spanish-language movies without subtitles.
- Many popular vacation destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, Spain, and South America are populated with Spanish-speakers (important if you work in the tourism and hospitality field).
- Spanish grammar is similar to English grammar, making it one of the easier language for English-speakers to learn.
- Spanish is the fastest-growing non-English language in the U.S. It’s estimated that Spanish is spoken by 12.9 million Americans.
- The British government considers Spanish the most important non-English language for British citizens to learn.
The Huffington Post also recently gave a list of reasons why Americans should consider going to Spanish school. They included the following:
- By learning Spanish, you allow yourself to remain independent and not rely on interpreters when in Spanish-speaking settings.
- Children are increasingly learning Spanish, so you can study Spanish to communicate with your children.
- Doctors, lawyers, social workers, and other professionals can communicate directly with Spanish-speaking clients.
- Learning Spanish actually helps improve your understanding of the English language because of their common Latin root.
- Learning Spanish helps you travel for work and/or work abroad.
- Those who study Spanish stand out in a fiercely competitive employment market.