Granada opens up its monuments to the citizens in order to celebrate the 18th of April, the International Day for Monuments and Sites of World Heritage. There are many activities organized especially for this day and we are invited to get conscious of the diversity of the cultural heritage of humanity, of the vulnerability and the strength needed to protect and conserve it.
The program includes a night visit to Alhambra and Generalife from 22.00 to 23.30, with free entrances that can be purchased in Corral del Carbon on the 18th of April from 9.00 to 19.00, with maximum a purchase of 3 tickets per person.
So, there are two free visits planned in Albaicin with two walks, one from 17.00 to 19.00 and other from 19.00 to 21.00, and in Realejo under the title “Realejo, a monumental neighbourhood to discover” with an only walk from 18.00 to 20.00, that can be reserved through the website www.albaicin-granada.com. Every route has maximum capacity of 30 people.
Without reservation you can visit:
- -Cuarto Real de Santo Domingo. Free visit from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 16:00 to 21:00.
- -Hospital Real (University of Granada). Free visit from 10:00 to 14:00.
- -Real Chancillería. Visit from 10:00 to 13:30 of the central patio and the staircases.
- -Aljibe del Rey. Visit from 10:00 to 14:00.
- -Palacio de los Córdova. Visit from 10:00 to 14:00.
- -Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real. Free visit to the church from 10:00 to 13:00.
- -Carmen de los Cipreses. Free visit to the garden from 12:00 to 14:00 and from 18:00 to 20:00.
- -Casa Museo Max Moureau. Visit from 10:30 to 13:30 and from 18:00 to 20:00.
- -Palacio de Carvajal (Musical Documentation Center of Andalusia). Visit to patio from 10:00 to 14:00.
- -Ermita de San Sebastián. Visit from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 18:00 to 20:00.
The commemorative day ends on Wednesday 19th of April with the reading of the plays of Miguel de Cervantes in Cuarto Real de Santo Domingo from 20.00 to 21.00.