Eight American students came to Spain in February to enjoy our country for a few months, and their first stop was Granada! We usually tell you in summary what our students have learned during the classes with our teachers and also the many activities in which they have participated in the afternoon. We give them the possibility to immerse themselves in our culture, staying with Spanish families who will make them feel at home.
In our Spanish school in Granada, iNMSOL, the guys have taken an intensive Spanish course. This course has been totally adapted to the typology of the group. Together with them monitor, it has been designed a practical, immersive and dynamic program, which meets the goals for sustainable development 2030. With this system, participants were able to:
- Know, observe and taste products of the gastronomy of Andalusia.
- Recognize the identity of the culture of Andalusia
- Hold meetings with policy makers related to sustainability and the environment.
- Have experiences in green spaces (experience of recycling and tree repopulation).
- And, of course, improve their Spanish skills
Programme of activities
- As for the cultural and gastronomic activities to discover the city of Granada, the students have started by visiting the essential monument of Granada: the Alhambra and the Generalife, a world heritage site, a mixture of Arab and Christian style.
- Guided tour of the Albaicín and the Sacromonte, two of the most emblematic neighborhoods of the city. They discovered the typical gypsy caves, the origin of flamenco and the charming colors of the Albaicín, near the viewpoint of San Nicolás.
- Spanish cuisine is an art and our students have learned many super typical recipes from here! Thanks to the COOKELE cooking workshop they have tried empanadas, sangria, tortilla and much more.
- One of the symbols of Spain is Flamenco and the boys have had the opportunity to learn some steps and enjoy this so fascinating dance! What’s more, iNMSOL has thought of everything: they have also attended one of the best flamenco shows here in Sacromonte, at the Zambra of María la Canastera.
- Towards the end of this trip we have accompanied our students to the Carmen de los Mártires, discovering the history of the emperors who have left their mark and also the beautiful gardens and animals that populate this place.
- Both their teachers and their host families were very sad after their departure. We miss our new American friends so much! They know that they will always be welcome here in Granada.
At iNMSOL we have been organizing language stays for groups since 1993, and it has always been a success for our students! If you are interested, here you will have a combination of history and culture, and you will always find someone available to help you preparing your trip.
Do not hesitate to ask for information by visiting us at Enriqueta Lozano 17, or through our number or our social networks. See you soon!