IMSOL offers the student a wide range of activities to carry out during your Spanish Course. A daily programme that not only helps you to learn the language, but that also creates different contexts in which you can practise it, making easier the immersion in the reality surronding him.
This programme is complemented with different excursions at the weekend.
Moreover, there are always many things to do and see: concerts, festivals, museums etc. We will also inform you about every event taking place in Granada during your stay.
IMSOL organizes 5 activities per week, one per day. They could be:
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE COURSE PRICE
- We invite you to a city guided tour. Walk through the most interesting areas with a guide’s explanation. We will visit the most emblematic districts, the old areas, discovering curious details about the history and the legends of the origins of the towns: Albaicín, Realejo and Sacromonte quarters, historical city centre, legends’ tour, churches’ tour, etc.;
- In order to improve the 4 language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), every week we organize workshops in writing, phonetics, music, etc.; or debates on current events; activities that will also put students in contact with the nowadays reality of Spain: Workshops and Monographs about Spanish and Latin-American history, culture, literature.
- As a complement to the lessons, every week we offer tutorials about real situations (“En el Aeropuerto”, “En los grandes Almacenes”, etc.) and about grammar, dealing with the most difficult points of the Spanish language (“Ser y Estar”, “Preposiciones”, “Por y Para”, “Diferencias entre los pasados”, etc.)
ACTIVITIES NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE PRICE.
- Visits to some museums, monuments and shows which you have to pay for, with a guide of the school: visit to the Alhambra and Generalife; visit to the House-Museum García Lorca in Huerta de San Vicente and in Fuente Vaqueros and to the House-Museum Manuel de Falla; visit to the Royal Chapel and the Cathedral; La Zambra Museum; Flamenco shows;
- Tapas’ Tour: This is the most popular activity among students. Granada province is well-known all over the world for its tapas; it is not only a tradition, but also a way of life. Students will go to different bars, where for each drink you can taste one tapa for free (for example: a portion of tortilla española, potatoes, fish, meat in different styles, etc.). In this activity, students will pay for what they drink.
- International dinners: We organize dinners in which both students and teachers will cook a traditional dish of their country or region. Everyone will taste different dishes and share traditions and recipes in SPANISH.
- Cooking Workshops: you will learn how to cook the main dishes of the Spanish cookery and then enjoy tasting them together.
The programme of activities is NOT obligatory, so a minimum number of participants is required for carrying them out.
These tours have all the guarantees and are carried out in collaboration with a specialist agency of the sector:
- The organizer is an official Travel Agency, which has all the permissions, insurance and legal requirements necessary for the organization of tourist activities that involve transport and tourist services.
- All busses and minibusses are approved as a public service for the transport of passengers.
- We work with official tour guides.
- Travel insurance is included for all students.
These tours will be accompanied by a guide from the origin, and prices include: return trip transportation, tour guide from departure and local guide, entrance to the different museums and individual travel insurance.
Every week during the weekend, we organize day trips to those places of tourist and cultural interest in our area, such as Cordoba, Seville, La Alpujarra Granada or the Costa Tropical. The prices per excursion will be the following:
- Sevilla: 68€
- Córdoba: 54€
- Costa Tropical: 56€
- La Alpujarra granadina: 47€
- Marruecos: 195€
- And more!
COMPLEMENTARY COURSES AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
Complementary courses and activities are organized apart from the language course and the daily programme of activities. They are carried out by specialist companies and professionals of every area not belonging to IMSOL. Because of this the school only inform clients about the characteristics of them and, if required, book them. Some of these courses are:
- Sevillanas course, a typical Andalusian dance comprising four parts.
- Flamenco course.
- Guitar course, both flamenco and classic tunes.
- Horse Riding.
- Skiing Course in Sierra Nevada.