Assesment of the Spanish courses at iNMSOL
The evaluation of the courses we offer enhances both the product and the teaching-learning process according to the guidelines established by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (2001, pages 177-196) with reference to the evaluation.
The students of our school are evaluated by different types of evaluation, understood as “the assessment of the degree of linguistic mastery that the user has” based on validity criteria, that is to say that the tests performed evaluate the information obtained as an exact representation of the student’s linguistic competence.
Therefore, the courses, both general and specific, are evaluated by usual tests of competence depending on the program chosen. These tests take into account the knowledge of the communicative linguistic competence (linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic) and of the performances in relation to the communication methods (reception, production and interaction) and are qualified with reference to a criterion both subjective and objective in accordance with the categories qualitative and quantitative.
In this way, the students of this school will continuously receive information on their level of mastery and at specific times of their stay in the selected course.
General and specific courses
In the case of students of general and specific courses, they must know that, as a rule, the assessment is carried out through the following assessment tools at different times of the course:
- Diagnostic test at the beginning of the course.
- Level achievement test: in the middle of the level and at the end of the level.
ELE training course for native teachers
In the case of training courses for native speakers of ELE, the assessment is based on the following:
Declarative knowledge (25% of the final grade out of 100):
- Test to achieve 50 multiple choice questions on reading the chapters chosen from the book “I am a teacher: learning to teach 1, 2, 3.” Edelsa: Madrid, 2012, the last week of the course.
Procedural knowledge (75% of the final grade out of 100):
- Planning and creation of 8 class sessions on various aspects of communicative competence. It represents 40% of 75% of procedural knowledge. Delivery period: during the month following the end of the course.
- Qualification of the tutorial sessions (2, minimum) and real class (1). It represents 60% of 75% of procedural knowledge.