The panellets are a typical sweet of Catalonia, Aragon, Valencia and the Balearic Islands.
- Boil the sweet potatoes and when they are tender out of the water, peel and mash until a consistency of a puree.
- In a bowl mix the almonds with sugar, add the mashed potatoes and knead until a stiff dough. Let it cool down.
- Beat the eggs.
- In a bowl place the pine nuts.
- Make the dough balls, roll in beaten egg and in the pine nuts .
- Preheat oven to 180º.
- Place the balls on a baking dish coated aluminum foil.
- Leave in the oven until golden brown balls (about 10 minutes). Remove and let them cool.
You can add other ingredients to decorate the balls.