This type of accommodation refers to sharing a home with a Spanish-speaking family. You must include a meal plan, which can be:
- Half board: breakfast and lunch or dinner
- Full board: breakfast, lunch and dinner
On the other hand, the type of room could be:
- Single room
- Double room (2 individual beds)
- Triple bedroom (3 individual beds). The last two options are only available when the occupants come together.
For students coming with a Teenagers Course, the room type will always be a double room.
Special features of host family accommodation
This type of accommodation is near the school, no more than a 20-minute walk from iNMSOL. The student will live in safe and well-connected areas of Granada. It is designed for those students who are looking for a complete immersion in the Spanish language and culture: therefore, host families are selected according to specific criteria.
The main features of the host family accommodation are:
- One laundry per week is included. Students are encouraged to bring their own towels and personal hygiene products.
- It is necessary that the registration specify allergies to animals or food, special diets / eating habits. Any other additional information about lifestyle of the student will also be positive.
- This accommodation option does not allow the use of the kitchen by the student. Families will prepare the meal plan that you have reserved, taking out any meal that is not included in the contracted plan. Kitchen facilities are for the exclusive use of the family, for safety reasons.
- The student may not take or consume family food without permission.
- The student must be respectful of family schedules. You should also take into account that the hours in Spain may be different from those in your country of origin.
- It is very important to notify families in advance in case of absence from any of the meals.
Accommodation in host family fees (per student)
Single room + half-board: 33€ per night/per student
S.room + full-board: 39€ per night/per student
Double room + half-board: 30€ per night/per student
D. room + full-board: 36€ per night/per student
Accompanying person fee: an extra fee of 25€ per week will be paid for each person who wishes to accompany a student during their stay, without participating in the courses.
Generally, the student must follow these guidelines in any accommodation type:
- Keeping the accommodation and the room itself clean and in good condition.
- Washing dishes after use.
- Not keeping trash, empty bottles, or other waste at home.
- Clearing the rom (luggage, shopping, etc.) and cleaning it (as found) before 12 am on the day of departure, in order to clean properly before new arrivals.
It is not allowed to:
- Inviting people to the accommodations and hold parties.
- Changing the layout or decoration of the accommodation without permission. It won’t be possible to fix photographs or posters to the walls.
- Making noise between 23.00 and 08.00.
- Using of candles, lighters, or other incandescent objects on furniture (for safety).
- Staying longer than reserved without first consulting the school.
The school and the owners of the accommodation have the right to inspect the general conditions of the accommodation without previous notice.