On Saturday 4 of May, ‘La Noche en Blanco de Granada’ will celebrate its seventh edition. However, what’s this event? It’s a night meeting with culture, shopping, entertainment and tourism. This year, under the slogan ‘Albaicin eterno’, this event will be dedicated to the Albaicin, in order to celebrate the 25th anniversary from its declaration as a patrimony of humanity by UNESCO. Indeed, on 17 of December 1994, the Albaicín was declared a World Heritage site as an extension of the monuments of the Alhambra and the Generalife. For this reason, the opening ceremony will take place at 20:00 (Mirador de San Nicolas) with a live show by the Banda Municipal
‘La Noche en Blanco’ is an initiative promoted by the Centro Comercial Abierto de Granada and the City Hall that will include a variety of cultural and leisure activities for tourists and locals. Almost 280 activities are planned for this day, including exposures, opening of museums and monuments with free admission, music, theater, dance, sport, parades, street markets and so on…
Here, we offer you some suggestions:
- 10:00-17:00: Casa Museo Federico García Lorca de Huerta de San Vicente. (free entry)
- 19:30: CENTRO CÍVICO MARQUÉS DE MONDÉJAR – Concierto música andalusí, Azahar Del-Ándalus. (free entry)
- 22:15: Muestra de espectáculo flamenco (at Tablao Flamenco La Alboreá)
There will be also space to science, for example Cuarto Real de Santo Domingo it will be dedicated to scientific, technological and innovation activities, for example:
- 20:10-20:20: Actuación de SuperarT. .
- 21:30-22:20: Mesa redonda: Investigaciones que mejoran la vida de las personas con discapacidad
According to the last year estimates more than 220.000 people will participate.
“It’s a very important meeting that presents Granada as one of the most important cultural ecosystems of this country” affirmed the mayor Francisco Cuenca.
There will also be guided tours, such as:
- 18:00: Albaicín inédito. (meeting point at San Miguel Alto)
- 19:30: Visita guiada al Hospital Real, acompañada de relato dramatizado Cuentos de la Alhambra de W. Irving.
- 20:00-22:00: Visita a la Lonja, Templo y Sacristía Museo.
The activities are free and for everyone, the schedule ranges from 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Here’s the link where you can find all that you need to know about the schedule and the information of this day:
The longest sleepless night will start, it’s a way to say that Granada is an open-minded, dynamic and cosmopolitan city.