International Jazz Festival in Granada: more than a week of music.
Do you like jazz? Well, then from 4 to 13 November you can enjoy the International Jazz Festival in Granada, that is to say, more than a week of music and performances by international artists.
On 4 November the International Jazz Festival returns to Granada, bringing the only Chucho Valdes concert here in Spain.
The 41st edition of the Granada International Jazz Festival will take place from the 4th to the 13th of November. As anticipated before, Granada will be the only Spanish city where the Chucho Valdes concert will take place. The artist is known for being the winner of six Grammy Awards and three Latin Grammy Awards and, this year, he will perform a solo piano concert.
Who are the artists who will participate in this event?
Cecile McLorin Salvant, Myles Sanko and other famous artists such as Moisés P. Sánchez, Ernesto Aurignac or Andrea Motis will beat the Teatro Isabel la Católica to celebrate this edition of the festival. There will be educational concerts, masterclasses and parallel performances in jazz venues.
What is the programme of the Festival?
- 4 November: Moisés P. Sánchez will give a concert in which he will offer a re-reading of Bach’s work, adapting it and turning it practically into a jazz standard
- 5 November: a concert in memory of the pianist Ignacio Olmed.
- 6 November: another concert will be given by Ernesto Aurignac.
- 10 November: Chuco Valdes will give his long-awaited concert for all Grenadians and Spaniards, on this occasion presenting his album ‘Jazz Batá 2’.
- 11th November: concert by Cecile McLorin Salvant.
- 12th November: Andrea Motis concert.
- 13th November: soul concert by Myles Sanko, who will close the festival.
From iNMSOL we hope you enjoy this wonderful opportunity and have a great time!