The Alhambra in Granada ranks as the second most popular World Heritage Site in Spain (ABC 01.10.2021)
Among the ten most popular world heritage monuments in Spain, the Alhambra in Granada ranks second only to the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.
This site has been a World Heritage Site since 2 November 1984.
After the decline due to the pandemic, the number of visits to the Alhambra is increasing considerably this year.
Where to buy tickets to visit the Alhambra?
Tickets can be bought here: Alhambra Ticket Options [COVID-19 Update] (alhambra-granada-tickets.com).
However, we advise you to buy them before your arrival as there is a high demand.
What kind of visits can I do?
Different options are:
- General daytime visit for 14€.
- Daytime visit to the Generalife Gardens for 7€.
- Night visit to the Nasrid Palaces for 8€.
- Night visit to the Generalife Gardens for 5€.
- Rodríguez-Acosta Foundation and monumental complex for 17€.
- General Golden Double visit for 19,65€
- Night visit to the Golden Double
- Entrance without guide for 14,85€.
- Guided tour in English for 49€.
- Tour conducted by a guide in Spanish for €36
- Guided tour in French for 39€.
With all tickets (both guided and unguided) you will have access to the Alcazaba, and the Arab Gardens of the Generalife.
What are the other most popular world heritage monuments in Spain?
However, if the Alhambra in Granada is Spain’s second most popular monument, the third place in the ranking is occupied by the Parque Güell in Barcelona.
After, we have the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Casa Batlló in Barcelona.
Finally, at the end there is the Roman theater in Mérida.
Now that you know that the Alhambra in Granada is Spain’s second most popular monument, you have to visit it!
INMSOL recommends that you visit the Alhambra, as well as the second most popular World Heritage Site that our country has to offer!