Recipe of Sweet Mush: All Saints’ Day typical dish in Spain
- Put the milk to heat in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel, please take care that it does not boil, reserve.
- Cut the bread into pieces and fry with the AOVE until they are golden, remove and leave on kitchen paper, reserve.
- Strain the oil from the remains of bread and put it back in the saucepan. Add the flour and salt. Fry well.
- Add the milk, little by little, without stopping to stir.
- Add the sugar and stir with the rods for a while, until we have a thick mixture without any lumps.
- Distribute the fried bread (picastostes) in a source or in bowls: add the sweet mush and sprinkle the surface with ground cinnamon.
Serve warm or cold!