With the first cold snap and the first snowfall of the season this weekend, the ski resorts of the Sierra Nervada have announced their opening dates. Most of the slopes such as Espot Esquí, Port Ainé, Sierra Nevada, Baqueira Beret, Ordino Arcalís will open the last weekend of November, more precisely between the 26th and 27th.
What to do in the Sierra Nevada?
There are many different activities to do:
- Snowshoeing. This is a fun activity with which to enjoy and take advantage of the wonderful scenery and the peaks of the Sierra.
- Hiking in the Sierra Nevada National Park. It is advisable to do this route in autumn or spring to avoid the cold of winter and enjoy the villages around the Sierra.
- Skiing under the stars. There is also the possibility of skiing at night, under the stars, as the Sierra Nevada has two night slopes.
- Tandem paragliding. For the more daring it is advisable to take a tandem paragliding flight. The activity provides that there is a professional pilot who will accompany you throughout the flight. It lasts an hour and a half. Moreover, thanks to it, it is possible to enjoy breathtaking views of the mountain range, Granada and the Alhambra.
- Sledging. If you want to go sledging in the mountains of the Sierra Nevada you have to go to the area of Borreguiles. As for the price, it is about 10 euros for one or two hours.
In addition, there are also huts where you can relax while you are having churros and hot chocolate.
To sum up, regardless of whether you are a skier or not, the mountain range offers many activities and opportunities to enjoy a unique landscape.
From iNMSOL we recommend you to visit the Sierra Nevada during your stay in Granada.
We are sure it will be a unique and unforgettable experience!