- In a saucepan put the broth to the fire and keep warm while preparing the sauce. Remove the hardest artichokes leaves, cut into six or eight pieces, remove lint inside and kept in water with a squeeze of lemon.
- Then,heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan. Clean the leeks and shallots and chop everything very fine and braise them over low heat, stirring to prevent burning.
- After a few minutes, when they becomes tender, incorporate artichokes very good rinsed and drained, the strands of saffron and the cleaved asparagus stems. Reserve the tip to incorporate them after.
- Then, when the vegetables will take colour, add some crushed pepper grain and rice. Mix well to latch with the sauce and cover with the glass of sherry.
- After the alcohol evaporate, bathe in the broth. Cook over low heat about ten minutes and after this time, add the asparagus tips, shake the pan and add more liquid if necessary. It should be very soupy at the end of cooking.
- Cook about eight to ten minutes, add salt, cover and let stand off the heat before serving.