Beef stew with potatoes and vegetables
- Cut the beef into tacos, bite size.
- Put the pot over medium heat with a little oil and, when it is hot, add the beef tacos and salt.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Peel the carrots and slice them.
- Wash the celery branches and cut them into slices.
- When you’ve removed the meat, add the garlic, onion, carrots and celery and salt.Cook everything over low heat for about 10 minutes.At that time add the peas but ONLY if the peas are not fresh, that is, if they are preserved or frozen. If they are fresh then we tell you how to cook them.
- Meanwhile, if you’re going to use fresh peas, get them out of their pods.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into segments by tearing or «snapping» them with the help of a knife.
- Stir in potatoes (only if you’re cooking in a quick pot), tomato sauce, and bay leaf.
- Stir in flour and cook together 2 minutes.
- Pour in red wine.
- Incorporate the meat and cover the ingredients with water, or if you have homemade vegetable or meat broth you can use it.
- If you use a quick pot, set it to a high heat and close it. When the 2 red rings appear lower the heat a little and let it cook just 10 minutes.
- If you use a traditional pot, cover the pan and let cook all together for about 1 and a half hours. At this time add the potatoes and continue cooking the stew 20 minutes more.
- If you have chosen to use fresh peas, add half water to a small pot or saucepan and medium-high heat and when boiling add the peas and let them cook 10 minutes. When the veal stew is ready, throw them in and cook them all together for a couple of minutes.