- Heat the oil in a cooking pot and cover with a lid.
- Drain the cod steak (previously desalted in water) and dry it.
- Cover the cod in flour and fry it. Make sure you brown both sides. Remove the cod steak and let it dry.
- Add to the pot with the same oil the cloves of garlic, the chopped onion and peppers, and the tomatoes (peeled and chopped as well).
- Season with salt, bay, thyme and pepper.
- Add white wine and vinegar and wait for some minutes until the sauté is browned.
Put the cod with the other ingredients and let it cook for some minutes.
- Serve it with black olives for decoration.