Today we’re going to see the recipe of a fried and tasty dish that, here in Spain, is typical of the festivity of “Semana Santa”. But, as it is extremely delicious you can definitely eat it every time of the year…Let’s move to the preparation!
1. Cut the bread into slices and save. Prepare a plate with cinnamon and sugar and another one with beaten eggs.
2. Put in pot milk with the cinnamon stick, sugar and lemon skin.
3. When the milk is hot, soak the bread into the pot and then let it drain on a plate.
4. Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan. Pass the bread into the beaten eggs and fry the both sides. Let the fried slices on absorbent paper and then coat the bread in sugar and cinnamon.
5. In a pan, put the left-over milk, the sugar and cinnamon with two spoons of honey. Heat up and let it reduce for 10 minutes (if it is too thick add a little bit of water).
6. Pour the liquid on the french toasts.
French toasts are better if eaten the day after, the are more tasty and crunchy.