Paella valenciana is a Valencian rice dish with ancient roots that originated in its modern form in the mid-19th century.
- In a saucepan put the fish head, half the onions, half the chives and a bay leaf. Add salt and pepper. Add water to cover and cook for 40 minutes over medium heat. Strain and set aside.
- In another pot cook the octopus with bay leaf, salt, pepper, water, vinegar and lemon juice. Cook about 20 minutes.
- In a pan (paellera) put a little vegetable oil, 100 grams of chopped red pepper, the remaining chives, chopped also.
- Cook a couple of minutes, add the mussels, squids, shrimps clean.
- Remove and put the rice. Add salt, pepper and sweet pepper. Cook a few minutes until the mussels open. Add broth prepared before.
- Cook for a while and add the octopus near the end.
- Serve very hot when the rice is al dente.