The chocolate with churros is one most typical treats in Spain but in many places we can choose between churros or buñuelos (fritters) to dip into the chocolate. In Spain it is a recipe for Christmas. Next, we are going to detail some step-by-step instructions so that you can prepare them:
- Put water, salt, sugar and chopped butter into a saucepan. Bring them to the boil.
- Once the butter is completely melted, add the flour and stir it to form a mass you can easily remove from the walls of the saucepan. Remove from heat until slightly cold.
- Add one egg to the mass, mixing well until until the mixture is thick enough. Do the same, mixing the other eggs. Not more than one at a time.
- Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with oil. Make small balls from the mass with the help of two not too big spoons. Drop the balls into the hot oil until golden and cooked through. Remove them and drain in paper towel.
- At the same time, add milk and the ounces of chocolate into a saucepan. Heat. While the chocolate is melting, stir it until gets thick.
Finally, sprinkle powdered sugar on the fritters and serve with the chocolate well hot.
Don’t stir the small balls in the saucepan. Let them fry themselves.