|XVI. Course for Teenagers Prices||This course is planned for teenagers between 13 and 17 years old (both inclusive). You can choose among 2, 3 or 4 weeks and there are special starting dates. (Please, consult the school for any other duration or date).|
- Minors will be accompanied from the moment of their arrival at the airport. As the TRANSFER (from Granada Airport)* is included in the course, a person will pick participants up at the airport and will bring them directly to their accommodation. This person is a professional taxi driver, who has been working with Inmsol since 1993. The day of the departure, this person will go to the accommodation and bring them to the airport.
- The ACCOMMODATION for this course is HOME-STAY, full board which includes three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), double room (with a student of the same gender with a maximum age difference of 3 years).
- The arrival is on the Sunday before the start of the course (from 16.00 hrs.), and the departure, on the Saturday, just after the end of it (before 12.00 hrs.). Any arrival before or departure after that must be made clear to the school and the extra nights paid.
- The host families are of total confidence and with experience. Participants’ parents will receive in advance the address and the type of “family” where their children will live in. The Spanish family will have also all the information about the participants who are going to live with them before their arrival: nutritional habits, possible allergies, 24 hour telephone number for emergencies, … “curfew” for night outings,…
The deal with the participants is very familiar making them be part of the Spanish customs. The possibility of immersion is excellent for the learning of the language.
The Spanish families are in contact with the monitor and the school for any subject or information.
Host families will go with participants to the school on the first day of class.
- During their stay there will be a MONITOR in charge of:
- Being the point of reference for all students. Therefore there will be an initial meeting the first day of the course to know each other (monitor / students and student / student) and to explain how the programme works.
- Over-seeing class attendance, making sure that the students are benefiting from the classes and behaving appropriately in them.
- Controlling the attendance to all activities. Students will be expected to attend all those especially programmed for them.
- Being available to the spanish family call if the student doesn’t respect the “curfew” for night outings.
- Every going out, course or activity not organized by the school must be authorized by the parents and communicated to the school.
- Being available on the 24-hour mobile phone number for emergencies.
- Before the course starting, participants will undergo a LANGUAGE TEST in order to join the most suitable group.according to their Spanish level.
- Each participant will have a STUDENT CARD, to obtain discounts in various shops (book shops, photo shops, fitness centres etc.)
- The method of the INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE OF 4 classes / day is totally adapted for them. The small groups create a friendly environment between participant and teacher, making more natural and inductive the learning of Spanish.
- To enhance the learning experience there is a DAILY PROGRAMME OF CULTURAL AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES, organized by the school and carried out by the monitor and long experienced teachers. These activities take place in the afternoon and are of obligatory attendance for the minors. Some of them are:
Cultural Walks: Historical centre, areas of interest etc.
Social Activities: Music, History, Literature, young people reality, cinema, tapas tour, aquatic park…
Tutorials: 1 / week (45´). Once a week, we offer extra grammar lessons, in which students have the possibility to go through the most difficult points of the Spanish grammar.
- An EXCURSION** per week to Andalusian towns and cities of interest such as La Alpujarra, Tropical Coast, Sevilla and Cordoba.
- At the end of the course each participant will receive an IMSOL Attendance Certificate.
- Participants can use extra services of our school: free access to Internet, library, loan service of boos, DVD ad videos.
- Any course, excursion or activity that does not concern with the school has to be authorized by the parents and communicated to the school.
- It is necessary for students to bring their medical insurance (European card or private insurance). If required, our school can provide a medical insurance for the duration of the stay.
- There are Behaviour Rules for minors, that the school will provide both parents and participants before arrival and that will have to be accepted in order to enrol on our courses. If, once in the school, participants will not comply with them, their parents will be informed and IMSOL will take all the necessary steps according to the seriousness of behaviour.
* The organization of transfers (both pick up service and excursions) are carried out by our school in collaboration with professionals with all the insurances and legal licences required for this kind of activities.
** In the event that the group of students does not meet the minimum required by the organizing agencies, IMSOL will organize alternative leisure activities that will take place one day during the weekend, without any extra cost for the students.
Starting Dates in 2019: every Monday from June 10th to August 19th 2019.
Min. Duration: 2 weeks