- Camarón is a local name for the adult stage of Palaemon longirostris.
- Unfortunately the main ingredient is very specific of Andalucía and these live tiny shrimp being difficult to some by.
- Tortillas de camarones perdido
- Mix flours together and add enough water to produce a batter as thick as single cream and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a pepper. Rest for four hours. The batter will thicken in this period. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add oil to depth of 2 cm to frying pan, heat to frying temperature and fry a teaspoon of the batter. Test for salt and pepper balance. Adjust as required. Fry the rest of the tortillas to a golden brown (remember that the tortillas should be 90% shrimp or whitebait, just held together by the batter). Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with a cool glass of manzanilla.